Saturday, August 22, 2009

Old times, but new beginnings




It really is all over.
On August 28th, the end physical result of Tanzania will be shown in "The Big Five and the Big Apple," a comprised exibition of works from digital photography in Tanzania and drawings from NYC by the University of Mississippi students in all in one exhibition in Oxford, MS at the FrameUp Gallery.
(Friday, August 28, 2009 at 5:00pm -7pm recption)

I know Africa is a part of the past but I live with it everyday. My experience in Africa has taught me a lot about how I want to live and what's important to me. I see things for what they are. When you see reality, outside of most people's reality here in this country, and you see what and who this planet really consists of, you have a different perspective on things. To say Africa isn't calling me back is a lie, but in order to be happy and successful, I just have to take the things I've learned from Africa and apply them here as best as I can. So, upon leaving Africa, & with summer drawing to a close and the University starting again, I feel the anxiety of all the business that awaits me. It stinks! I don't want to lose what I gained in Africa. A sense of who I am. I have so much new knowledge floating around in my head and I feel like I have many choices and decisions to make that will determine the quality of life that I live. The world is in such a hurry in the United States, and I definitely feel myself resisting when it comes to conforming back into that way of life. I suppose I want to see more of the world now, too.
School starts back Monday. Ole Miss parties in full swing. Quite the blast back into "student life." I miss you Africa.