Saturday, April 9, 2011

Highlights

December2010-Feb 2011
- graduated..woo hoo, so, I've got a semester "off" but I'm staying in Oxford, working on lots of art!
-video
accepted into Oxford Film Fest!
-preparing Africa photos for the Uganda Project
-preparing grad school applications all X-mas break
-honorable mention at the Oxford Film Fest awards Sat. night!
- accepted in the MCAC- 1photo, 1video, & 1computer image
-best of computer imagery category at MCAC!
-another photo published in Photographer's Forum!
-the Student Art Association award (& $100!)
-got to see some of my Tanzania photos on display in the show!
Lots of good things happening to me all at once... I'm shocked!

*Update*
finished grad apps feb. 1st deadlines.... right now, I'm looking @ schools in Montana, Colorado, Louisiana, Alaska, Florida, and Texas.... will I end up at any of these places? Not sure!

Biggest highlight:The Oxford Film festival. What an AMAZING weekend. This was my first time being IN a film festival. I had my "director" pass for all the events. I arrived to pick up my VIP pass, and the girl at the table asked me which one I had. I rather meekly said "Director" and began to receive a lot of attention-hah! I guess even art students get a little recognition every now and then ;)

I felt like a proud parent when I saw a clipping from my video, "Flutter" was used in the mail trailer of the event. I got my first rush of adrenaline. Flutter screened two days later on Saturday in the experimental category, and it was really a learning experience as much as a good time. I got to do a Q&A afterwards, and of course see tons of great films, and meet some big time filmmakers, in addition to a couple of fellow "experimental" filmmakers!

2 comments:

soundofthesun said...

found your blog! great stuff

Jaime said...

oooh Yay!!! ....you found my ramblings! Yay cant wait to follow yours Allan!!!