Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tarangire (2nd day)


Firstly, I'd like to say I love Jackson (Babu). We saw new sights in tarangire today, starting with a group of sleeping lions under a large Baobab tree. Also, a leopard! I think I witnessed though the truth of the statement regarding "safari colors," because that leapard took off as soon as he saw the flash of white of a shirt! It was a shame, but I still enjoyed seeing the big cat! I actually love the photo of him, regardless of whether its more a landscape shot. He is barring his teeth and underneath a piece of wood that looks like a dinasaur skeleton! Very cool to have been just across the road from him!

Wanted to mention this yesterday, as we traveled to Tarangire the first afternoon. Looking out the car window as we travel from one place to another lends each sight as the perfect photograph. There was a school children rally once we passed through a city area that peaked my interest. And also just the people walking down the road. I saw a woman in a business suit, and then a different woman, carrying a bucket on her head. I looked for 2 seconds longer than I should have so I missed a grand photo of this combination of "old and new ways". But, still enjoying just seeing the people, their livestock, and of course, these very different scenes. The "ordinary" always interests me. They are my favorite photograhs thus far despite all the animals we've been seeing-- though I kind of fell in love with this quirky "smiling" zebra.

Actually, I'm really loving the zebra. They make wonderful photographs. My favorites seem to be ones of zebra. Their black and whites are so pretty.

This lodge is so wonderful, because there are animals in the horizon. And it thrills me to no end that zebra approached the tents at night and could be heard chewing!

No comments: