Sunday, June 21, 2009

Plantation lodge is simply incredible! We arrived to see smoke swirling out of the chimney!This is gonna be my time to show how frivolous I am by writing about our final, grand overnight accomondations here in Africa! (Complete luxury!) I am in awe at the "Garden House." It's huge--we each have our own rooms we share in this house, and it has a deck, our own dining area, and a reading corner. I enjoyed a little bit of something at each of our lodges, especially Eyasi but this one truly lives up to its name and I love the greenery everywhere, particularly this archway, and the overhanging vines and flowers. Lantana, Cecil, Aloevera are just growing everywhere. This afternoon, everyone went to lay by the pool. I was so uplifted and hadn't been swimming at any of the other lodges, so, even though it was slightly chilly I just had to jump in the pool to get in touch with my "inner Water Buck"! -freezing, but still good. Good afternoon, followed by a crazy night! I was lying in bed when suddenly, Christina lunged into it! And, in short, a party began to brew.

I think we all smelled trouble knowing we'd have a house together. With Konyagi floating around and an amazing bar with access to unlimited (well somewhat) Tuskers, the night turned fun. Meryl finally turned in first and eventually things winded down. I had a blast!
Funny thing is, there is a video floating around, so the good fun will only come back to haunt us!

No comments: