Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A day room at Kia Lodge. That's about all we had today, besides our goodbyes. I can say though that the one thing Kia Lodge offered was a beautiful view of Mt. Kilimanjaro! Andrew, Bailey, and I photographed it together. Bailey and I were taking our stuff to the Rovers as the sun went down, and I saw it cast a beautiful light on the white snowy caps of Kilimanjaro. I pulled my camera out again for one last photograph. What luck that on our last day in Tanzania that the sneaky Mountain would appear and let us glimse a little bit of beauty before we went to the airport and departed the country!

PS, took the "karibu" soap as a souveneir. As my dad might say in the US, "no hotel is safe from the Johnson women!" -yeah, we love free stuff. I don't feel bad about this, because we're so close to civilization and the airport and I'll take soap over dinner!

No comments: