Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's all over now. The remaining members of the class suffered from the sounds of a crying baby on the longest plane ride ever. We landed in Memphis, and I then had a 6 hour drive down South to return to the Blueberry Capital of Mississippi--Poplarville. My parents and I arrived home at 11pm, and I was standing in my house 15 minutes when suddenly, the entire house was swallowed by darkness. Now, I can only say here what my mom did-- that "Africa followed me home." We weren't having bad weather or anything; the electricity spontaneously went out! It was great! I knew exactly where I had that flashlight packed and was able to "rough it" (well, you know what I mean) even back in the US! On a side note, my new plant friend from Plantation Lodge made it safely home and it's definitely my favorite souveneir of the trip.

No comments: