Saturday, June 20, 2009

Journal reponses. We were required to switch journals, not once, but twice! Well 3 if you count Brooke. Sadly I'd written very little in the one I was turning in. So, at the time, Mi'chel and Andrew could only read about the plane, and day 1, Arusha. Andrew made me laugh cause he said what was true, that it was less reading to do! haha. Decided to post these--they are as much a part of the journal as my own entries are:

June 20 09 - Mi'chel
So here I am responding to your journal entries as Brooke has asked us to do. I feel as if I have invaded your thoughts and private "property" maybe as you are very quiet and reserved. I am really loving the way you are writing though. Very descriptive and I can see what you are describing-it really takes me there. I find it amazing this is your first time to fly-I feel like you are missing the world and maybe it too is missing out on you! I am so glad you took the oppurtunity and ran with it. My favorite line has to e- "The idea of me being 21 in Tanzania means nothing to me, but being in Tanzania means everything to me." I think this means so much. The fact that your 21st birthday happened in Tanzania or onthe way to Africa speaks volumes. You will remember that for life. The idea that Tanzania and being here means more says a lot about who you are.
It was great that you made friends on the plane rides too-that helps pass the time.
Our first experience with an animal-the giraffe on safari really was amazing. I believe we were all in AWE! He was right there and I too felt so connected with him-his eyelashes.
I hope to hear more about your experience here and with the lions and leopard! and the night game drive. But I will look forward to that on your blog!


6-20-09 - Andrew
Jambo!
I loved reading your journal! It was interesting in a great way to hear what a first time flyer felt likeon a 14 hour plane ride. I think you handled it like a champ! Again Happy 21st birthday. This trip has been amazing and getting to know you has been awesome as well.
I was so relieved to know that someone else besides me had an Olympus Camera! I am glad we can switch lenses. That Macro filter is awesome. I am glad that you loved the firaffes at the beginning of the trip. There were so funny but beautiful. Today was awesome getting to see a kill. Hope you got some great pics. Talk to you later!

No comments: